- Farwest Paint Manufacturing Co.
- 4522 South 133rd Street
- Tukwila, Washington, 98168
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- For Coatings and Related Materials
- Prep: April 1992 Update: June 2012
|Section I - Product Identification
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
- Emergency (Chemtrec) (800) 424-9300
- Information (Farwest) (206) 244-8844
|Product Number: X-5992 (TT-P-1757)
Name: Low Moisture Sensitive Zinc Chromate Primer
Colors: Yellow and Green
Product Class: Pigmented Alkyd Resin Solution
- Hazard Rating
- This Product
- Health: 3
- Flammability: 3
- Reactivity: 1
- Personal Protection: G
|Hazardous Material: Yes: XX
|EPA Registration Number (if applicable): N/A
Section II - Hazardous Ingredients
||Percent (By Weight)
*CHRONIC/CARCINOGENITY: IARC-CLASS 1, NTP-1
"Pursuant to Title III of the Superfund Amendments and
Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA) and 40 CFR Part 372, this product contains or may
contain a toxic chemical in a quantity subject to the reporting requirements under Section
|Section III - Physical Data
|Boiling Range: 231-284 F.
||Weight/Gallon: 10.43 lbs.
||Vapor Pressure: 22mmHg@20C
||Heavier than Air: XX
||Lighter than Air:
||Faster than Ether:
||Slower than Ether: XX
|Percent Organic Volatile by Volume:
|| pH: N/A
||Solubility in Water: NIL
|VOC: 525 Grams/Liter (Less Water)
||Reactivity in Water: NIL
|Freezing Point: Not known
||Melting Point: Unknown
||Decomposition Temp: Not known
|Appearance & Odor: Yellow or green liquid,
Section IV - Fire and Explosion Hazard Data
||Flash Point: 35 F. TCC
1.0% UEL: 7.0%
||UN Number: 1263
- U.S. Postal Regulations: Flammable, Hazardous, DO NOT
SHIP BY MAIL.
- Extinguishing Media: Foam, CO2, Dry Chemical, or Water Fog.
- Use the above or any Class B extinguishing agent. Water may be unsuitable as an
extinguishing medium, but helpful in keeping adjacent containers cool.
- Special Firefighting Procedures: Firefighters and others exposed
to vapors or products of combustion should wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
Evacuate area of unprotected personnel. Wear protective clothing.
- Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards: Vapors may form an explosive
mixture in air and may be ignited by sparks, pilot lights, etc. Closed containers may
rupture when exposed to extreme heat.
X-5992Y & X-5992G (solcarc)